ALICAM The first all-in-one pet imaging solution
Introducing ALICAM®, the world’s first ambulatory light-based imaging device for dogs. Once swallowed, ALICAM captures high-resolution, 360-degree diagnostic images of the entire gastrointestinal tract and allows any veterinarian to diagnose GI disease quickly and accurately.
We’ve paved the way for a whole new category of diagnostic imaging. ALICAM® allows dogs to be imaged at home or in the clinic without having to purchase expensive capital equipment. There is no sedation or anaesthesia required, and no need to restrict the pet’s activity.
- 1 capsule
- 4 cameras
- 1000s images of GI Tract (inc transit times) 〜16hrs footage
- Reporting from/ consults with IM specialist
- No expensive equipment / capital outlay
- No sedation, anaesthesia or restriction of movement.
- Withhold food for minimum of 16 hours
- Dog is pilled and fed 8 hours later
- Typically passes in the stool in 12-48 hours
- Owner collects capsule
- Dropped at practice reception
- Includes Pre-Paid Return Satchel to Fourlimb Surgical Solutions
- Data download & specialist report
When to use?
- Weight loss
- Overt GI bleeding
- Occult GI bleeding
- Unexplained anemia
- Abdominal pain
- Recheck of lesions seen on endoscopy post-treatment - ulceration etc
We are proud to be working with Hubert and Gerardo at the Vet Vault sponsoring a clinical episode on their podcast discussing non-haemolytic anaemia and GI bleeding.