SOP Fracture Repair Workshop
Perth 12 August 2019
Login or register to see pricing
SOP™ for Fracture Repair (Full Day)
SOP™ - Locking Plate System for greater flexibility & more successful surgical outcomes
The SOP™ is a locking plate system for use in veterinary orthopaedics. Locking plates are powerful and versatile implants but the mechanics and methods of application are significantly different from conventional plate systems.
The course will cover locking plate mechanics, case selection, methods of application as well as modes of failure and a review of the extensive published literature on the SOP™ system.
The benefits of SOP™:
- Available in 3 sizes: (2.0mm, 2.7mm, 3.5mm)
- Locks using standard cortical screws
- Can be contoured with 6 degrees of freedom
- No weak points
- Fracture repair systems - the flaws and failings
- Locking plate technology
- Features and biomechanics of SOP™
- Where and how to use it
- Half day practical session using a variety of anatomical bones
- Publication reviews
By the end of this course delegates should have an understanding of:
- Features of locking plates
- Case selection and clinical application of SOP™ system
- Technical ability to use SOP™ in a range of orthopaedic applications
Malcolm Ness BVetMed, CertSAO, DipECVS, FRCVS and European Specialist in Surgery
Malcolm Ness is recognised globally as a specialist in small animal surgery by RCVS and ECVS. With hundreds of presentations made across the globe as an invited speaker, Dr Ness also has; over 20 first author papers in veterinary peer reviewed journals, commissioned editorials and numerous commissioned articles in open access veterinary and lay magazines and periodicals. His clinical interests include most aspects of orthopaedic and spinal surgery and Dr Ness is actively engaged in the research and development of novel implants and orthopaedic surgical techniques.